[CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Mon Apr 1 22:48:06 EDT 2019

I had a station who I worked during the WPX SSB contest send me an email during the contest asking what the number I sent him was. I guess he wasn't sure when he worked me.Do you think this is cheating? Personally I think this is cheating. Maybe I should forward that email to CQ? It really irks me when people blatantly cheat and think there are no consequences. Also there were way too many stations on 40 meters from Europe that were probably cheating by running some serious power. It's frustrating when you call someone who is 30db over S9 and they CQ in your face. It's not like I have a crummy antenna on that band plus I'm running an amp. Maybe someone in Europe can explain to me what I'm missing?Jeff KU8E Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone