[CQ-Contest] Census Bureau State County Maps

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Apr 16 14:19:16 EDT 2019

Mike,

Chuck helped me quite a bit for the GQP.  It's not real hard to do after
getting used to it. In the CQX program there is a tool the create the
KML files You go to QP Tools > QSO Party Admin Tools >Prepare Activity
Website Files.

You need to prepare an data activity input file that looks something
like this format.

KN4Y/m(SAT-CW)=Thomas,Brooks,Lowndes,Echols,Charlton,Brantley,Wayne,Long,Liberty,Tattnall,Appling,Bacon,Coffee,Atkinson,Berrien,Tift,Colquitt
KN4Y/m(SUN-CW)=Decatur,Miller,Early,Clay,Randolph,Quitman,Stewart,Webster,Marion,Talbot,Taylor,Schley,Sumter,Lee,Dougherty,Mitchell,Grady,Thomas
N4I/m(SAT-MIX)=Baldwin,Burke,Emanuel,Glascock,Hancock,Jefferson,Jenkins,Johnson,Montgomery,Toombs,Treutlen,Warren,Washington,Wheeler
N4I/m(SUN-MIX)=Appling,Bacon,BenHill,Bleckley,Coffee,Irwin,JeffDavis,Jones,Laurens,Pulaski,Telfair,Twiggs,Wilcox
K3LB(SAT-MIX)=Berrien
K3LB(SUN-MIX)=Berrien
KD4QMY(SAT-SSB)=Bibb
KD4QMY(SUN-SSB)=Bibb

You then press the Prepare Files button. It will create a bunch of KML
files. This is the KML file Chuck is talking about using as an overlay
in Google Maps. You have to sign on to your Google account and choose
Maps and create a new map to be able to do this.

Here is the map I'm working on for my FQP route
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C07bn7r7eWKV3KMJ0hIIn2saHLtLukdZ&usp=sharing

Jeff