[CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 09:26:13 EDT 2019

This is where I think everyone applies a very narrow lens on the role of the human and, as a consequence, the assisted vs unassisted debate.

I have done dozens of contests 30 years ago that did not include CW and voice keyers, mults tracking, etc. My argument is that all the non-decoding functions are just as critical as decoding so before purists condemn assistance they should consider the bigger picture of automation.

I don’t mean to attack anyone in particular. Simply bringing up a point that IMHO is largely and conveniently pushed aside in these age old debates on assistance.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.