[CQ-Contest] WW-Digi Contest -- Rule Clarification

Yuri ve3dz at rigexpert.net
Wed Aug 7 16:57:01 EDT 2019

>>> Seems like the last two big Dxpeditions (CY9 and 3D2) are putting FT8 first before the traditional CW/SSB modes. I sure hope this isn't the future of ham radio.

I might not be politically correct, but why not to mention that one of the all of the DXpeditions' goals is to try to maximize the overall QSO count in order to get more donation? That's what hiding behind "best kept secret" (that everybody knows) of F/H mode in FT8 in my opinion.
I'm not saying it's bad or good, but it's a fact.
Multi-channel streams need to be prohibited, otherwise it looks like hypocrisy.
I still remember how the rules for M/S in the ARRL Contests were changed under the pressure after PJ4G(?) team managed to have 2 stations on the same band (even not at the same time).

Yuri VE3DZ