[CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength improvement

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Wed Aug 21 16:26:17 EDT 2019

I have never had the opportunity before to hear differences in signal strength by 1 db increments.  +1 db is clearly an advantage and a +2 db difference nearly obliterates the weaker signal.  Remarkable.  I wish I had heard this 20 years ago!    ;-)

The differences in copy between different CW speeds is very interesting too.  I suspect that most contest ops will generally do better with the higher speeds unless they are exhausted to the point of mental impairment, in which case the slower speeds might work better.

Thanks for posting this Frank and a special thanks to AB7E for creating these audio recordings with explanations!

73

Bob, KQ2M