[CQ-Contest] QST

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 26 18:40:25 EDT 2019

I certainly qualify as an active contester, but would like to add to the
comment from AF5CC (whom I do not know personally). He posted " I thought
it was one of the more interesting issues I have received recently. Both
articles on Mount Athos were well written, and the article on the Collins
KWM-380 was also a nice read. "The Doctor is in" also had some intelligent
questions this time."

I had some time, and was in the mood, so sat down and leafed through the
recent QST. Actually, I felt it was an excellent magazine, and had
something in it for everyone. I feel we should be more supportive for the
League since it's by far the most effective voice we have in terms of
legislation and frequency preservation. The League sponsors CW operator
"copy ability" recognitions and many other areas of support. Like most, I
would like more pages on contesting, but understand that so much more of
the arcane details can be put on the Internet. In fact, I write the summary
of the CW Sprints for The NCJ  both in print and the Internet version and
am aware of the trade-offs needed. All in all, I thought the recent QST was
very good.
Jim N3BB