[CQ-Contest] Freeware Loggers and Common Mode Chokes. Was: The Story of Online QSLs.

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 19:33:02 EST 2019

Hi Jim,

Like you, I switched to DXKeeper years ago for day to day logging, and
never looked back. I do keep an eye out for other 'offerings'. Two other
freewares that are worth considering, if one for whatever reason does
not like DXKeeper, are Log4OM and SwissLog:

https://www.log4om.com/

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/english/Frame_EN.htm

On the topic of chokes. I spent some time in the past few weeks reading
your papers. I blame you for having a much lighter wallet now. Buy
Mouser stock. LOL

I particularly liked that you moved away from using most coax cables to
using THHN #12 in the 'New Choke Cookbook for 160-10M Bands'. For
reasons that I cannot explain, I do not like working with coax, other
than connecting a transceiver to an antenna.

The toroids are here already, awaiting for the wire to arrive, and I'll
go 'crazy' building chokes. LOL

73 de Vince, VA3VF