[CQ-Contest] SP/RAC

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Sat Dec 28 07:35:45 EST 2019

Hey Scott

Personally, I am gg to try and avoid making "overlapping" contacts in both
contests, however should you find yourself in that position, here's what I
do on casual weekends where there might be 2 contests I *DO* wish to play
in.

I only know N1MM+ logger, so here's what I would do.

Set up for the RAC test.

Start another log for the SPTDC test.

Enter whichever contest I am actually playing in.  Run.

When confronted with a S&P-er giving me 2 reports like could happen this
weekend, I give them the main report

and hit a very quick ALT-2 to jump the logger over to the 'other' contest
and then give them a report in the 2nd contest.

Depending on whether you're connected to a cluster (most won't be in the
SPTDC) and whether you're using a call history and the # of Q's in your
database, the switchover can be as much as 1-2 seconds, so it's certainly
not quick. At least on my 10 year old laptop it's not quick.

It's much easier to do this manoeuver as a S&P-er and it's vy time consuming
as a runner to have to deal with , but it is doable if you are so inclined.

Like I said..I am going to avoid it at all costs, hi !

CU in one *OR* the other this weekend.  I'm only dabbling in both.

Mike VE9AA "NB" -or- "FN66"

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB