[CQ-Contest] contester ZP5MAL Juan SK

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 21:16:41 EST 2019

Hello all,
Sad news from N3BNA Dale, who was just in ZP the past few weeks.
Juan ZP5MAL became SK yesterday. Juan was an avid contester and dxer, and usually multi-op when ZP6T.

Over the years, Juan provided the excellent station on his farm in the hills above Asuncion. CQWW CW 1999 was memorable contest for me. Juan hosted us at ZP6T, his contest call on the ranch. Operators were N3BNA Dale, ZP5MAL Juan, ZP5AZL Tom, CX6VM Jorge, and a couple more local part time ops (Dale, help me out here if you recall their names and calls). Juan was a true gentleman, and will be sorely missed. For that contest, Juan wanted to make sure we had everything we needed! He had his ranch staff prepare us meals, and fresh milk and fruit from the farm.  One thing I remember in particular was trying to type with a Spanish layout keyboard!
What a challenge the first couple hours.

RIP old friend,

73 Darrell AB2E