[CQ-Contest] NAQP RTTY - SO2R Reply Delays

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Mon Feb 25 09:28:21 EST 2019

I played around in the NAQP RTTY Saturday.

Several times I would receive a reply to my CQ and send my exchange, the other station would have a delayed response.  Enough of a delay that I could have probably called cq and started another exchange or wished I at least answered another caller.

I can only assume the other station was running SO2R as the op was probably busy handling a QSO on another band before replying to my exchange.

I gotta say this is frustrating and screws up my rate just to improve yours.

I don't operate SO2R because I'm not good at it and don't want to hose up another op's rates with my lack of skill.  There's others out there with the same problem and may want to consider not running SO2R.

Flame suite on.

Rich - N5ZC