[CQ-Contest] K0OU Silent Key

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:45:16 EST 2019

>From K3PA:

I am very sad to announce the passing of fellow contester Steve Lufcy,
> K0OU.  Steve passed away quietly on Saturday after a battle with cancer.

That is sad news, indeed.  I never met Steve, but we had a bit of a special
connection.  His father, Carroll Lufcy, was a ham (call forgotten) and we
were co-employees.  Carroll was a staunch member of our long-disbanded
club, W3WLH.  Steve and I chatted about that connection in some (slow)
contest many years ago, and formed a bond.  There was always a special
"hello" to go with a contest QSO.

Of course, Steve was so friendly that he bonded with everybody.  Must have
played heck with his rate.

73, OM.

Art K3KU