[CQ-Contest] Moral outrage

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:26:47 EST 2019

First a disclaimer, Rita.

I made some 4,000 Q’s last year. About 2,000 were digital, and most of
those were FT8. I am not “accusing” FT8 of any nefarious mission aimed at
destroying Amateur Radio.

All Ham Radio is legitimately Ham Radio, regardless of the (legal) mode
employed.

But, contrary to your assertion, there is a apples-to-apples comparison
between the WFD organizers and the CQP organizers. Simply stated, both
events, for reasons they haven’t shared with me, have decided that some
modes aren’t included in their respective operating events.

To the best of my knowledge, CQP organizers have not made any statements
denigrating SSTV, nor has WFD badmouthed we who enjoy FT8.

So why has IOoDHW (International Order of Dismayed Hand Wringers) mounted a
boycott campaign against WFD but not against CQP?

73, de Hans, K0HB

.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:10 Ria Jairam <rjairam at gmail.com> wrote:

> There’s really no comparison.
>
> There is **NO** accusation whatsoever that SSTV is “not real radio” or
> “computers talking to computers” or “destroying ham radio.”
>
> ALL of these claims have been leveled against FT8, rather unfairly I must
> add.
>

> Ria
> N2RJ
>
> > On Jan 17, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Radio K0HB <kzerohb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I intend to boycott the California QSO Party.
> >
> > SSTV cannot participate.
> >
> > Do you think they’ll miss me?
> >
> > 73, de Hans, K0HB
> >
> > --