[CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

John Geiger af5cc2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:52:34 EST 2019

" We are ham radio operators,  communicators,  not excommunicators!  No
reason to ban a mode!"

This happens all of the time.  In the ARRL 160 meter contest SSB and all
digital modes are banned, as well as AM, FM, and SSTV.  It is advertised as
the 160 meter contest, not the 160 meter CW contest.

In the RTTY WPX and RTTY WW contests all digital modes except RTTY, all
modes of CW, and all phone modes are banned.

In the NAQP this week CW and all digital modes are banned.

I could go on and on...

73 John AF5CC