[CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:38:51 EST 2019

The ARRL didn't have to change the rules for the Roundup either, but they
provided advice to ensure that entrants followed the overall rules properly
(eg Fox&Hound would not have been within the rules), and so that FT8
activity could be gauged. They had the lead time to do this for Roundup and
I think their proactive approach here benefited all everyone.

I have an impression that FT8 happened for June FD simply because it could
and no one said it couldn't, but I'm sure someone will try and correct this
impression. I wouldn't hold it against the WFD to not want to issue the
necessary rules clarifications and to take a wait and see position.

Have fun - 73 jeff wk6i