[CQ-Contest] 20 Meter Intruder?

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Wed Jan 30 15:40:44 EST 2019

Folks in the midwest US have noticed this very strong signal from 14.000
to 14.0035. Some kind of data, some thing related to stock trading. The
bearing is 90 degrees from EN53gb. It would be interesting to get some
bearings on it from further east. It's definitely not local, as QSB is
present. Judging from signal strength and time of day 20Z), I'd guess
east coast of the US.

The bigger question is what is this doing in the 20 meter band? If it
was authorized by the FCC, have we lost our exclusive right to that band?

It's fading out here at 2040Z.

73,

Scott K9MA

--