[CQ-Contest] [SMC] FW: 20M intruder

Joe nss at mwt.net
Thu Jan 31 10:35:37 EST 2019

Ok is it just me on two things of this signal?

1- When listening to it, and looking at it on an ocilliscope, I see and
hear a sweeping from high to low tones when listening in USB mode. With
a overall a buzzing/humming sound too.

2- tune far away below it don't hear the sweeping effect, but the
background noise floor still seems to have the buzzing/humming trait to
it far below and above the main signal.

I wish I had a SDR I'd set it up with a 1 a minute screen grab and just
let it run for 24 or 48 hours to see it's strength and when it actually
starts and stops if it is a propagation start stop by fading or if
someone flips a switch like it's now 20 over and a minute from now it's
gone.. obvious shut off not propagation.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme