[CQ-Contest] delta loop question 80m

Edward Sawyer EdwardS at sbelectronics.com
Mon Jul 29 09:17:18 EDT 2019

I no longer do this at my current station but used to have an 80M delta loop (single) and did exactly what Tony suggests.  I used open wire - 450 Ohm line as the stub and I just had a shorting clip to short circuit the stub at the base of the delta loop for SSB and unclipped it for CW.  Vertically polarized exactly as Tony describes.  For 2:1 Bandwidth, I have never seen a way to use a delta loop from 3850 - 3500 vertically.  It might be possible horizontally but if so its only because the low height above ground is making it so ineffective for DX the impedance is broad.  Not a good way to achieve the desired results.

73

Ed  N1UR