[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc6

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Jun 4 14:54:18 EDT 2019

Who said that digital modes need to become the dominant mode?  Who says
that the only mode worth discussing here should be the dominant ones?
The whole point here has been that "contesting" has room for a lot
broader activity than you and Paul give it credit for.

Personally, I hope that modes like FT8 and FT4 (I've never operated
either, by the way) do NOT reduce the amount of contest activity for CW,
but if it does it certainly is worth discussing here.  AM was the
dominant voice mode before SSB showed up and I remember old timers then
making the same statements you are making now.

Some people might get excited about making 200 QSOs per hour. Others
might get excited about making 30 QSOs per hour with stations they would
otherwise be unable to even hear, especially if they are limited to
meager operating conditions.  I would guess that FT4 opens up radiosport
to hams living in apartments and condos who would otherwise not even
bother.  Why should they be excluded from this reflector?  Because
you're bored with it?

Dave   AB7E