[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 198, Issue 14

Drew Vonada-Smith drew at whisperingwoods.org
Wed Jun 12 11:10:36 EDT 2019

Joe,

I don't recommend that approach for FD.  The problem is, it will protect the front end, BUT, if signals are so strong that it kicks in, you are putting a diode in line with that big RX signal.  It thus is creating harmonics, which are reradiated, making the FD situation worse.

If your signals are so large as to overload a nearby receiver, a better radio or filters, or better antenna isolation (like physical separation) are your only options.  Some gains can be made with placement, vertical vs horizontal, etc.  If you are serious about multitransmitter  FD, get band filters.  And transceivers with low phase noise.

73,
Drew K3PA

Message: 3