[CQ-Contest] Serial # contests, speed?

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 10:20:14 EDT 2019

Don't use cut numbers.
73,Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca>
To: cq-contest <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 12, 2019 1:58 am
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Serial # contests, speed?

For contests like RDX and WPX where the exchange is a serial #, do you:

.      Go as fast as always. (34-36wpm) , risking your qso partner busting
the #,but keeping rate high.

.      Go a bit slower (30-32wpm), hoping the QRS improves the copy &
reduces busted exchanges.

.      Send everything just as fast as normal (whatever that speed is), but
use brackets <<>> (a la N1MM) to slow down JUST the serial #

.      Slow down only for obviously slow callers

.      Something else?

Inquiring minds.

I don't want to skew the results, so I won't say (yet) what I do. (and who
knows if what I do is even 'right')

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB