[CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Thu Mar 14 18:53:42 EDT 2019

Hi Alan,

Your quotation from the Navy study omitted the important details
described in the next few paragraphs.

The context was multiple single shielded coaxial cables bundled
with cables radiating interfering signals into the victim cables.

Double shielding greatly reduces this problem but its also very
effective if coaxial cables feeding microvolt signals to receivers are
not bundled with cables carrying high level signals, a terrible
practice.

73
Frank
W3LPL