[CQ-Contest] station re-building, distortion when multiple 600 Ohm lines in parallel?

Holger Hannemann holger at 9h3m.com
Fri Mar 15 22:08:29 EDT 2019

Hi all

Additionally to the interesting discussion around coax cables and double
shielding I have another question.

We have re-modelling / extension plans here at ZM4T. The new tower locations
will require to bridge distances of 150-500 m with feedline between shack
and antennas. Coax but especially hardline costs a multiple times here in
New Zealand what is does in NA or EU. Therefore we evaluate to run 600 Ohm
ladder lines for the long distances. For about 100 m we would have four of
those 600 Ohm installed in parallel utilising the same support poles. That
means they only have a small distance/separation between them.

When contesting, it is very likely that two or more of those ladder lines
would be used in parallel for transmission and receive at the same time.
Does anyone has experience with potential distortion when operating parallel
running open feeder lines?

Thanks in advance

Holger, ZL3IO