[CQ-Contest] station re-building, distortion when multiple 600 Ohm lines in parallel?

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sun Mar 17 09:32:10 EDT 2019

I wonder if twisting one clockwise and the next closest one
counterclockwise would aid in any coupling minimization?

They say open line is self shielding, but only to the extent described
below. I remember growing up in the 60's when everyone had towers and
big TV antennas and 90% were fed with 300 ohm "Twinlead"

I remember my Dad when he wanted signal to like a "Den" or Bedroom, he
simply took some more twinlead and taped it for a foot or so parallel to
the main feedline. No metal to metal contact, just tightly taped
together, and hey it worked, the TV in the front room and other room
would have just fine signals.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock