[CQ-Contest] Heil headphone pads

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Mar 22 21:53:02 EDT 2019

On 3/20/2019 7:11 AM, RT Clay wrote:
> Now I usually use either Sony headphones (without mic) or a Yamaha CM-500 headset. Both are much more comfortable.

Same here. The CM500 phones and mic sound so good, are so comfortable,
and are a fraction of the cost Heil, Bose, and the modified aircraft
headsets that I have never considered any other boom mic headset.
Although Sony MDR7506 is slightly more comfortable, I have no discomfort
wearing either for them for a long contest. My station is quiet enough
that I have no need for noise cancellation. I would view things
differently  in a multi-op, especially on SSB with poor acoustics.

73, Jim K9YC