[CQ-Contest] Sad prop forecast for the next few years

Vytenis Sciucka vytenis.sciucka at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 07:38:30 EDT 2019

Predicted values are based on the consensus of the Solar Cycle 24
Prediction Panel

I feel that this prediction was made with focus on Cycle 24.
For cycle 25 there are other predictions which are more or less better:
One of the gurus in solarcycle predictions David Hathaway said:

*We predict that SC25 will be about slightly smaller (∼95%) the strength of
SC24, making it the weakest solar cycle in the last hundred years. We also
predict that,like SC24, SC25 will be preceded by a long extended solar
minimum. *
Full text is not available, but abstrtact is
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/2018GL078387
Another guru Leif Svalgaard says:

*SC25 will be somewhere between SC24 and SC20, provided the lPolar Field
Precursor Relationship holds*

SSN(24)=116; SSN(20)=152. You can find his prognosis at the end of this 18
page long text https://www.leif.org/research/Prediction-of-SC25.pdf
And third prognosis is made by not known to me indian scientists Dibyendu
Nandi  and Prantika Bhowmik  http://www.cessi.in/solarcycle25prediction/ it
also does not sound very bad.

Vytenis LY5T