[CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu May 2 03:52:17 EDT 2019

I don't have a dog in this fight, but as an observer your argument seems
pretty fallacious to me.  If somebody managed to come up with a RTTY
decoder that was much more effective at decoding I sincerely doubt you'd
be campaigning against it.  Even so, the basic difference comes down to
S/N ratio and bandwidth ... RTTY is pretty solid given strength and space.

It seems to me that there are more rational arguments against mixing the
modes than RTTY being a less effective medium, or that it allows chatter
outside the points exchange.

Dave   AB7E