[CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

K5WA k5wa at comcast.net
Sat May 4 09:48:02 EDT 2019

Ria,

Maybe a few casual contest participants use cw readers but no competitive
contester would use a reader since it bumps you into the assisted category
just like CW Skimmer use does.  It is also completely unable to handle on
channel QRM which makes readers unusable for competition.  I've also heard
several casual contest participants express the view that they think ALL
contesters use CW readers and that is simply an erroneous myth.  Human
discrimination and machine discrimination contesting need to be in separate
contests.

Bob K5WA

P.S. Sorry for not trimming my email down in my post yesterday.  I responded
too quickly

There are Cw contesters who use cw decoders and many CW contesters use
computer generated CW. It?s simply not as good as a human ear yet but it?s
there already.

Ria

N2RJ