[CQ-Contest] VY1AAA

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Mon Oct 7 11:23:36 EDT 2019

Hey Hans,

J is retired from ham radio.  His plans were to take the station down
immediately.
However,Ann and J run a goat farm.  They have an opportunity to get some
help from
the government, which requires 100% of their time for the next two months.
So -- no time to take down the station.  This is of benefit to us,
especially for CW.

Part of J's Alpha 9500 is with Brad at Alpha/ (output switching board).
Hopefully, it will get
back before SS CW.   If not, I'll be stuck w/a 600w manually-tuned amp,
which is very restrictive.

After SS Phone, the station will be dismantled.   Gear owned by the VY1AAA
team will be stored
in Canada until we can find another host.  J will be selling his other
equipment. We are looking in VY0 and VO2.
 (Would really like another YT/NT/NU location, to keep the multiplier
active, but so far no valid candidates.)
Challenges are::Internet access, willingness to host, etc.   We will keep
working on it.

So -- for sure, VY1AAA will be QRV for both SS CW and Phone for 2019.  I
hope to give you as many sweeps as I can.
20m, of course, is the money band.  40 is iffy, but 80m can be quite good.
Will try 15 and 10, but not much hope.

73 and cu in the piles,

Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
Trustee, VY1AAA