[CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Wed Oct 9 00:04:45 EDT 2019

Greetings Diddlers:

I trust everyone worked their quota of W6s last weekend.  I worked  quite a few NSers during the weekend, so thanks to everyone for keeping us active.

Last week’s RTTY session was pretty active, with several new calls.  Ben, N9TR snuck in with his new call (was KD9IWX), along with  Bill, AC0W and Skye, W1TRN giving this sprint thing a try.  Welcome all and hope to see you back.

The upcoming weekend has the reinvigorated Makrothen RTTY test.  Now sponsored by a group here in CA, it still has the distance scoring algorithm missing in most contests.  The operating time is also unusual, being broken into three 8-hour sessions.  So plenty of time to use your diddle machine for some fun times.

Please join us Thursday evening and check out your station to be sure you are up and running.
Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening (in NA)  get together.

Friday,  11 Oct 2019, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 10 Oct 2019 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +84 kHz up from the band edge   <--NOTE
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.