[CQ-Contest] multiple QSO parties

Dave Edmonds dave at pkministrywebs.com
Tue Apr 7 17:44:55 EDT 2020

I made 143 Qs worked 88 different counties during the four QPs last
weekend. In all of these contests ub0state and out of state activity was
higher than in the last few years. Last year the LAQP had 30+ entries on
3830scores.com. This year, they had over 180 entries on 3830.

Every QP is unique and that's one of the reason they are so much fun to
work. Also, the difference between 1st and 2nd place  could be 1 multiplier
or a few Qs.

For the 2015 SCQP, we deleted the old set of rules and re-invented the
contest. A few months later we moved the contest from September to the
Saturday before the Norht Carolina QP and it's been The Carolina Weekend
ever since. One benefit of having these one day events during the same
weekend was the sharing of mobile ops. Many ops run SC on Saturday and then
run NC on Sunday. I couldn't imagine having SCQP and NCQP on the same day.

I usually use N3FJP logging software with the QPs which allows you to have
multiple windows up at the same time. I used N1MM for the first time with
all four contests and it was crazy.

Yes Jeff all it takes is a few individuals jump-start a stale QP.

73s Dave WN4AFP
www.stateqsoparty.com