[CQ-Contest] WWROF Announces Board of Director Changes

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:51:59 EDT 2020

In 1972/73 I was the ARRL Contest Advisory Committee representative for the
Ninth Call area. I was 23/24 years old. Look where that got us.

Cain K1TN

Fredricksburg, TX – August 21, 2020 – The World Wide Radio Operators
Foundation, Inc. (WWROF) is pleased to announce the election of Philipp
Springer, DK6SP, to its board of directors, effective immediately. WWROF
Chairman Tim Duffy, K3LR, says, “We’re excited to welcome Philipp to our
leadership team, in particular for his enthusiasm for radio sport and
highly respected representation of the youth in our hobby.”

Philipp, who is 22 years old, began his ham radio career in early 2008 at
the young age of ten,