[CQ-Contest] CQWW is an unfair Contest -- A solutiion!

Jack Brindle jackbrindle at me.com
Fri Dec 4 13:07:05 EST 2020

The problem is that the path from the west coast to EU is over the pole, where signals tend to be greatly absorbed. This is unlike the east coast, which has a direct shot to EU.

Perhaps a better solution would be to treat the members of the EU as a single entity for multi. This would make the situation quite similar to JA, where there are lots of Qs, but just one mult.

For me the fun of DX contests such as WW and ARRL DX is simply making DX Qs. With a city lot station (and all the issues that involves such as noise and antenna size restrictions), I can’t compete, but I can make some Qs. It is definitely much easier and much more fun to compete in domestic contests.

73!
Jack, W6FB