[CQ-Contest] 15m Yagi question

CAROL RICHARDS n2mm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 12:26:22 EST 2020

Hello all,

I am re-furbishing part of the driven element for my 155CA. the element uses two sections of tubing. The part that goes into the insulator to the boom is 84 inches of 7/8 tubing swaged. No bends. The tip is also 7/8 inch swaged and has a bend about mid section. My question concerns the tip which was bent on its way down from the tower. Removing the tip would be quite a problem since no penetrox was used when it was installed. Does having a slight bend in the tip really affect its performance?

Thoughts?

Carol