[CQ-Contest] RAC + 9A

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Sat Dec 19 18:36:49 EST 2020

Scott,

I was in the 9A contest on/off today.  I specifically set my CQ message
to '9A test NR4M NR4M' to dissuade people in the RAC from calling me.
After the 3rd VE, I just entered '001' instead of 'ON', 'SK' or
whatever.  N1MM didn't like what they sent and I didn't feel like
arguing with them.

Then, I changed my 'TU' message to 'TU NR4M 9A TEST', and still got RAC
contestants.  There were also US stations sending me serial numbers of
300 plus.  Find that hard to believe that were in the 9A contest.  I'm
quite sure these were people just clicking on spots and didn't have the
ability to actually copy what I was sending.

There surely will be a bunch of NIL's.

73 de Steve, NR4M