[CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sun Feb 2 23:20:53 EST 2020

Why should they be?  Where is it written that they ought to be?

That's like saying, for example, that ALL (US) State QSO Parties must use
the Canadian Provinces, or the Canadian Call Districts; and US States, or
ARRL Sections; as their out of state North American multipliers.  Imagine
the chaos is one state contest used sections and the next state contest used
states! Oh, the humanity!

(We won't even TOUCH the issue of whether the 4U UN calls should or should
not count as separate multipliers, from the US State or EU country that
they're located in.  Let alone why the District of Columbia is a multiplier
is some contests but not others)

Seriously... yes, it means some book keeping for the award applicant to make
sure that his award entries are valid, when there is a mismatch.  So what?
That's the nature of the game.  Always has been.

73, ron w3wn