[CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Mon Feb 10 15:39:03 EST 2020

The limited success of RTTY on a dxpedition is not due to the mode
specifically.  Rahter it's because callers tend to work RTTY like they
do a CW pileup, but generally with even less skill.  On top of that the
RTTY control op on the dxpedition end rarely has the skill needed to get
solid rates.

FTx by contrast is a winner for dxpeditions because it addresses all
these operational problems - meaning higher effective throughput - and
benefits further in the capability to work against a lower SNR.  In the
end, a wider set of callers are served which makes it the silver bullet
for dxpeditions.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com