[CQ-Contest] CW Speed

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 18 13:18:36 EST 2020

On 2/17/2020 5:27 PM, ko7ss--- via CQ-Contest wrote:
> This is assuming both stations are sending at the same speed. If the 1X1 station is sending at 38 WPM
> and the 2X3 station is sending at 30 WPM the 1X1 station is the more efficient

38 wpm is fine with signals are great and you're only working serious
contesters. It's stupid when signals are poor, or when you've run out of
serious contesters to work. I marvel at the stupidity of ops at big
stations working at high speeds when AU flutter calls for 20-25 wpm.
They seem to think that their signals are immune to the flutter, as
compared to the "little guys" they want to work.

73, Jim K9YC