[CQ-Contest] 3 and 4 letter calls

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Thu Feb 20 23:49:06 EST 2020

You’re cheating Jim – comparing a CW call to one of the greatest symphonies ever written?  LOL!  The fourth movement of Mahler’s 1st or Schubert’s 9th is pretty good too.

Right after every CW or SSB contest that I operate seriously (30 hours or more), I notice that when I hear music of any sort – rock, classical, pop, etc., for the first 15 minutes or so that I hear it it all sounds weird and off key.  It’s like what I have been listening to on the radio has been burned into my brain and other types of signals require time and cognitive readjustment to process their signals properly.  It’s still happens the same way after every contest as it did 46 years ago.

73

Bob, KQ2M