[CQ-Contest] Audio limiter/controller

Mark Simms msimmsdr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:29:53 EST 2020

What do people do to limit the audio output from their transceiver during
CW contest operations to prevent hearing damage when extremely strong
signals "pop up" unexpectedly? I have an K3s and have tried to adjust the
AGC settings without success. Is there any other adjustment in the
transceiver or has anyone used an external audio limiter device between the
output of the rig and the headphones? If so, which unit works best?

I want to preserve what hearing I still have left after 59 years of
contesting!

Mark Simms, W9MS