[CQ-Contest] Stop the Sweep madness (already)

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:55:34 EST 2020

"...you're one station in one Section. What about the other sections with
few hams?"

Why is it wrong if the Sweep is hard to do?  Are we afraid of challenges?

Gee whiz!  I struggle to work some of the "rare" western sections in SS.
(100W and a dipole; no spotting; mainly CW.)  I can remember when AZ was
rare and NV was super-rare.  NWT was just one station.  SDAK? NDAK?  VT?
DE (after it split of from MDC)? Even NH!

If you don't find some reward in it (fun; competition; skills improvement),
then don't do it.

If you don't like the difficulty from where you live, then move (or operate
remote -- Feh!).  This applies especially if you voluntarily moved to your
QTH and have nothing binding you there.  If you made a bad decision, then
correct it.  Quit whining.

And don't forget to order your Clean Sweep mugs from ARRL.  I think the
deadline is January 31.

73, Art K3KU