[CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.

rjairam at gmail.com rjairam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 15:14:49 EST 2020

That whole problem has to do with what constitutes a completed contact.

Some insist on a 73 both ways. I get NIL from quite a few in regular FT8
(non contest) as they insist on the final additional 73. I usually use RR73
which saves a sequence and thus 15-30 seconds.

This is something that those who never used the mode and yet take swipes at
it because it’s not their granddaddy’s ham radio will never understand.
There is real strategy and operating technique to learn. Not even the best
full automation can cover all edge cases. The guys who run full auto
usually have a ton of NILs. Like regular contesting you need to figure out
your trade off between rate and accuracy.

73
Ria,N2RJ