[CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results

Stan Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:57:19 EST 2020

<<Now the current rules (3 digi modes) spread the activity too much.
Working RTTY and FTx in the same contest is not the logging-wise
straightforward either.>>

I am beginning to agree with Tim and others who don't think FT and RTTY
should be mixed. There are too many issues.

One simple solution would to put them in separate categories, the same way
Phone and CW are categorized in many multi-mode contests. If someone wants
to operate both FT4 and RTTY, they join the multi categories.

There is also much to be said about not mixing them in a contest. If there
were separate contests, many RTTY operators would be able to try FT4 and
many "other digital" operators would try RTTY. Win-win. Putting them in the
same contest actually separates the operators into one or the other.
Lose-lose. Let them try both, with rules and procedures that are
appropriate for the mode. With the 150 or so contests every year,, what's a
few more?
Stan Zawrotny, K4SBZ

Real radio bounces off the sky.