[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Jan 16 10:44:11 EST 2020

This is the sign of the times in the publishing world. There have been many non ham radio magazines that have gone all digital. Many more will do so in the future. I think it's the old timers are the ones that want paper copies because they are set in their ways. When the millennials who grew up in the digital world get older I bet paper magazines will go away like the dinosaurs.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Dave Thompson <thompson at mindspring.com> Date: 1/15/20  6:21 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine Gang.CQ Communications that publishes CQ Magazine is a small business.  They are current on the digital version but they have been having trouble finding reasonable printers.  They do not have the backing of a large organization such as ARRL who had had to raise member dues to keep putting out QST.  Remember CQ sponsors many of the top contests then provides space including all the line scores.  ARRL and QST stopped printing the line scores years ago.  I suggest that instead of dropping CQ contesters need to at least buy the digital version.The question is what happens to all the CQ WW contests if CQ goes out of business.  Efforts have tried to better fund CQ Communications over the past few years and were dropped due to the funds needed.  Support CQ to support our contests.73 Dave K4JRB  ex K5MDXRetired CQ WW 160 Director    -_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest