[CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings update

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Jan 23 07:32:45 EST 2020

Also remember you can be picked as a teammate . The rules this time say you need to be in the top ten in your home region to be picked. This narrows the field compared to previous WRTC's. For example if you are in a NA region and want to pick someone else in NA as your teammate only 90 people would be eligible.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS at sbelectronics.com> Date: 1/23/20  5:09 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: ku8e <ku8e at ku8e.com>, Joe <nss at mwt.net>, Claudio Veroli <claudio.veroli at alice.it>, cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings update I would suggest that anyone who really wants to go to WRTC this round put a good effort in.  What was before very unlikely for most of us is changing.If you take a look at the competition, or should I say lack of competition, in many of the US areas, its pretty stark to say the least.  I was number 1 for a while in NA1 and now I am number 3.  And Number 4 is significantly below me.  I am not even trying to go this time.  And I am in W1.  What does that tell you?Why is this?  My theory is that the competition format is no longer the desire for many of us.  M2 with 2 operators virtually all of which can multitask on SO2R if not do dual band CQing for some si just not representative of "the best of the best" any more.  That’s my opinion.  Whatever you think the cause might be.  Take a look at WRTC 2014 or 2018 at this point and look at 2022.  Its amazing the difference.  Ed  N1UR-----Original Message-----From: CQ-Contest [mailto:cq-contest-bounces+edwards=sbelectronics.com at contesting.com] On Behalf Of ku8eSent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:57 PMTo: Joe; Claudio Veroli; cq-contest at contesting.comSubject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings updateJoe,You don't have to have a big station to compete.  If you do low power you will only compete against other low power stations. Bryant, KG5HVO is in first place in my region NA5. He has done a bunch of low power efforts with little competition and has got the maximum points for those contests. His score is higher than the top HP station K4AB, which has a big station. But to be fair to Larry he hasn't done as many contests and will probably leap back to 1st place.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone-------- Original message --------From: Joe <nss at mwt.net> Date: 1/22/20  8:18 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Claudio Veroli <claudio.veroli at alice.it>, cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings update I just love this WRTC Competition.Well at least the part where they all use almost the same modest stations part.And that's just it. (I'm puttying my Flame retardant suit on now)  I would like to see this Qualification procedure run say two ways.Divide them up, 1/2 as it is now, anything goes, balls to the wall competition. Mega super stations and all that. Giant towers stacked yagis etc..Then the other half,  have the qualification be like the stations they will be using.A 3 element tribander at like 40 feet or less, and dipoles. and barefoot rigs. Of course no spotting too.I bet there are quite a few operators out there that are just as good and even possibly better than many of the guys that get to go, but these other guys never will be able to go because their stations just cant compete with multiple stacked towers etc.Level the Qualification playing field some too. for at least 1/2 the field,that would be a neat experiment yes?Joe WB9SBDSigThe Original Rolling Ball ClockIdle TymeIdle-Tyme.comhttp://www.idle-tyme.comOn 1/22/2020 7:40 AM, Claudio Veroli wrote:>   An important update to the qualification standings is available.>> It includes:>> CQWW CW 2019 Claimed scores added> CQWW SSB 2019 Claimed scores added.> RUSSIAN DX CONTEST 2019 Final scores added> IARU HF 2019 Final scores added> CQWW WPX CW 2019 Final scores added.> ARRL DX CW 2019 final scores (fixed)>> Please visit, share and support WRTC2022 at www.wrtc2022.it>> 73 de Claudio I4VEQ>>> _______________________________________________> CQ-Contest mailing list> CQ-Contest at contesting.com> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest>_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest