[CQ-Contest] CQWW 160 CW: Listen South!

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Jan 23 15:10:42 EST 2020

John, K4BAI will be operating as a single-op in the CQ 160 CW contest as PJ4A remotely from here in Georgia. This will be the first contest operated remotely to the Beloud.us station in Bonaire at PJ4G. Be patient because there aren't any receive antennas that can be accessed remotely so he will be listening using the transmit antennas. Hopefully it won't be too noisy. I got on for about an hour last night to test things and worked several EU stations along with some from the US. John will be coming over to my house tonight around 0100z to become familiar with the software and how everything works so look for PJ4/K4BAI making some 160 meter QSO'S.  He will be operating the contest from my house as well since I have high speed internet that he doesn't have at home.Jeff KU8E Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: jmaass at k8nd.com Date: 1/23/20  9:28 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 160 CW: Listen South! When Topband conditions are good, it is easy to get enthralled by working stations via the trans-Atlantic path. This is a reminder to not ignore stations to the South! Every year, there are many South American stations who struggle to get noticed by North America and European stations. We hear many of them from our Northern South America location in Curacao, calling CQ and not receiving answers.Also, after a dozen years operating as PJ2T in this contest, we find the first few hours very  frustrating. North Americans are 'feeding on" other North Americans. Europeans are similarly "feeding upon" other Europeans.  Europe, in particular, is loud at PJ2T in the first few hours, but breaking their pileups has proven impossible.Kindly feed the Southern stations this weekend!73,  Jeff PJ2ND / K8ND _______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest