[CQ-Contest] EU out of band on 160

k5zd at charter.net k5zd at charter.net
Thu Jan 30 17:44:55 EST 2020

It is a little more complicated than that.

Unfortunately, many contest logs do not show the exact frequency.  They will
just show 1800.  Or there are some logging programs that fill in a random
frequency on the band if there is no radio connected.

The only way to "know" the frequency is to look at stations that do have
'trusted' frequencies and see if there are multiple QSOs outside the band.
It takes some time and effort to find all of them.

I am confident the CQ 160 log checkers have a method.

The important thing in this thread is to not remove QSOs from your log!

Randy K5ZD