[CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jun 1 10:01:02 EDT 2020

I don't see this as a S&P time saver - if you tune across someone and
catch the last seconds of their transmission and only hear "TEST", you
still have to wait again to copy their callsign.

John KK9A

Stan Stockton K5GO wrote:
Mon Jun 1 08:38:10 EDT 2020
So when you are S&P and you tune across someone in time to hear them send
their call sign one time do you call them or not?

If not, and they actually called CQ, do you wait for them to work whoever
does call them and call when they are ready for another one?   If you do
call I guess you risk causing QRM to the guy you thought you were calling
as he tries to copy the guy who he was calling.

Not sure this is same category as "Please Copy"