[CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jun 1 14:38:43 EDT 2020

On 6/1/2020 10:55 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:
> I usually send TEST after my call, not before.

For at least 10 years, my N1MM keys have been
F1 TEST K9YC Minimal CQ
F3 TU K9YC (to end a running QSO, hit ESC after TU when I know callers
are waiting)
F8 CQ TEST K9YC (Feed the Skimmers)
F9 CQ TEST K9YC K9YC (Beat the bushes)

My rule is to allow a caller to respond to my run in the shortest
possible time -- tail-ending after my TU or after TU K9YC. F8 comes
next, then F9 when F8 doesn't get callers.

I have keys programmed for common fills, so I don't have to send the
entire exchange for a repeat.  In WPX, for example, it's the number.
This weekend, I had MANY marginal QSOs where multiple repeats of the
number were required.

73, Jim K9YC