[CQ-Contest] What's your Opinion on 2BSIQ ?

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Jun 2 15:21:50 EDT 2020

Jim,

I know that in ARRL DX when doing a Multi-Single the run and multiplier
station are both treated as being the same radio. You have to stop
running and QSY to work a multiplier then go back to your run frequency.
With a limit of 6 band changes you would probably only have time to work
3 multipliers each hour unless you lined them up in the band map ahead
of time by listening on a 2nd radio and worked them real quick . You
could also risk losing your run frequency.

/3.4.4 Band Changes. Single Transmitter and Two Transmitter sub-category
entries are limited to six (6) band changes per clock hour per transmitter./

/
/

In CQWW you are allowed a dedicated multiplier radio that has to follow
a 10 minute rule./
/

/*1. Single Transmitter (MULTI-ONE):*Only one transmitted signal on one
band permitted during any 10-minute period (run station/signal).
Exception: One — and only one — other transmitted signal (multiplier
station/signal) may be used during any 10-minute period, if — and only
if — it is on a different band from the run transmitter and the station
worked is a new multiplier. The run and multiplier transmitters are
governed by independent 10-minute rules. Ten-minute periods begin with
the first QSO on a band. The log must indicate which station/signal (run
or multiplier) made each QSO. The multiplier station/signal may not call
CQ (solicit contacts). Please be sure to read the Multi-Single FAQ
section at <cqww.com/rules_faq.htm <https://cqww.com/rules_faq.htm>>./

/
/

/T/he Multi-Single rules for CQ WPX are similar to ARRL DX /:
/

/*1. Single-Transmitter (MULTI-ONE):*Only one transmitted signal is
permitted at any time. A maximum of ten (10) band changes may be made in
any clock hour (00 through 59 minutes). For example, a change from 20
meters to 40 meters and then back to 20 meters counts as two band
changes. Use a single serial number sequence for the entire log./

/
/

/It seems like a trip to the Caribbean as a Multi-Single for either ARRL
DX or WPX wouldn't be much fun since only one person could operate at a
time./

/
/

/Jeff