[CQ-Contest] What's your

cosson-dimitri cosson-dimitri at bbox.fr
Tue Jun 2 16:04:16 EDT 2020

Jeff,
<<<Think about this analogy
in motorsports.  Would it be fair for a Formula One race car to compete
directly with a NASCAR. Those of you who follow auto racing know the
answer to that question. That's why all motorsports have different
formulas (i.e different racing series). It seems like some people seem
to think it's fair to group all single-operators together whether they
are using one radio or two.>>>
Following your reasoning, tranceivers with dual receivers must be in a different category (K3 or FTDX-101 or TS-990 Vs TS-480 = Formula1 Vs Nascar) ? What about SO2V ? What about panadapter/waterfall ? And a special category for me pse ?
73 de Dimitri F4DSK -------- Message d'origine --------De : Jeff Clarke <ku8e at ku8e.com> Date : 02/06/2020  18:42  (GMT+01:00) À : cq-contest at contesting.com Objet : Re: [CQ-Contest] What's your
Ria,

You totally missed the point. I never proposed that the ARRL (or CQ)
allow dual CQing on the SAME band. The fact is that this practice was
allowed in the ARRL DX contest up until about 5 years ago because it
wasn't addressed in the rules. Someone on this reflector called out a
well known contest station in the Caribbean who was doing dueling CQ's
on the same band in the ARRL DX SSB as to suggest they were cheating.
They weren't because they were taking advantage of a loophole in the
rules, like every competitive contester does. Someone who has a lots of
clout with the ARRL pointed out this inconstancy in their rules as
compared to other contests and the rule was changed the very next year.
If I'm not mistaken I believe this practice was also allowed in the CQ
contests for a long time before the rules were changed to ban it. The
examples I used in my comments were for a station doing dual CQs on two
DIFFERENT bands.

That being said I'm not proposing that 2BSIQ or SO2R be banned. It
should just be a separate category. The rational I'm using is the same
that was used to separate SOLP, SOQRP, SOA from the traditional SOHP
category in most contests. The same could be said for the Classic and
Tribander/Wire categories in the CQ contests. Think about this analogy
in motorsports.  Would it be fair for a Formula One race car to compete
directly with a NASCAR. Those of you who follow auto racing know the
answer to that question. That's why all motorsports have different
formulas (i.e different racing series). It seems like some people seem
to think it's fair to group all single-operators together whether they
are using one radio or two. Having a 2nd radio to do dual CQs on
separate bands or to just look for stations/multipliers gives someone a
huge advantage just like using a spotting network as SOA does.